Sunday, September 27, 2015

BALI .. A YEAR LATER

So, last week, I celebrated my "BALI SOLIVAGANNIVERSARY!" 

Yes, yes I am coining a new word again! I googled, no one has used it yet. You can try and your top search will be this post! haha! But let me know otherwise please! eeek! 

Going back to the celebration, can I get a cheers! clap! hooray! confetti! YAAAAY! :)




It has been a year since and I am still convinced that going on that solo trip has been one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. One year after and I am still patting myself on the back, doing cartwheels in my head and giving myself 3 fist bumps for this feat. One year later and the feeling of fulfilment is just .. just still very fulfilling! 

After that trip, I have been receiving compliments on this courageous act. I have had family, friends and colleagues come up to me to ask me questions, tips, do's and dont's which I answer with my "I travelled solo" confidence and pride. Yes! Feel na feel ko talaga! I may have only spent 4 days alone, I may not have been lost halfway around the world, I may not be an expert on solo travelling hacks but heeeeeeey, I did it! I succeeded and I think I am entitled to be proud of this achievement. 


It truly was wonderful and I do encourage others to pursue this at least once in their life. I have only tried solo travelling once and it was a very good learning experience for me. Plus! dagdag ganda points ko to kay Lt. Z! It made me appear more bad-ass in his eyes. haha! But not for my mom, initially, she was more bothered on why I wanted to go on a trip alone! Yikes! 

I can't assure everyone of the same experience of course, but that's why the words TAKING RISKS, FAITH, TRUST, COURAGE exists. These are what drove me to push through with this even if during the planning stage, even after I booked my flight, even while I was already there, there was fear and anxiety. It does take guts, a whole luggage of it and a little extra to keep in your pocket. 

From Bali, I brought back with me a handful of life lessons from the experience, the place, the culture and the people. Its true, being a solivagant leads you to more lessons and discoveries than you could ever imagine, especially about yourself. Just think of all the time you have to reflect, it's inevitable to discover how capable and brave you are, and when you do .. it's just priceless! 

As they say, in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take. 

I had the chance, I took it and now, my super girl status levelled up. haha. 

Nahhhhh! Here! Here! Let me celebrate and inspire you guys by taking you again on that lovely lovely journey one year ago ... 






No comments:

Post a Comment