Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DEUCExCHAPS TAKE SG

So while on her pre-college vacation, my sister flew over and stayed with me for 2 weeks. We prepared her itinerary which upon her request should include: Universal Studios, Museums, Haji Lane, Marina Bay Sands -- these and a lot more of getting lost, which means there were going to be loads of pictures to be taken.

And there were over a thousand, really, hahaha. 

In my 3 years here in Singapore, this is the first time anyone in my family is staying with me for a long vacation. I was looking forward to her arrival to share with her a glimpse of my life and showcase the best of Singapore that I know. 



That 2 weeks was both a good learning and bonding experience for us. Particularly, for me, it made me value family time all the more. It made me appreciate what is it like to be "home" and to have someone to come home to. I had a little #sepanx moment when she left last Sunday which was, yes, very uncomfortable. It was a mini heartbreak which made me tear up a little tiny weeny bit. As some would say, sending off a loved one at the airport is like breaking up with the love of your life, masakit sa dibdib, mahirap huminga! haha. 

Nonetheless, last night as I was cleaning her mess in my room, disposing her water bottles, going through what she left behind, and as I browse through the pictures on my phone, I am once again in awe of having been blessed with this chance to spend with my sister. It is unbelievable how when I first came here, I was dreaming of inviting them to come over and 3 years later, here she was laying on my bed while we stalked people on instagram, haha. I am just over the top with my THANK YOU's when I pray because of this. And it may be a bit too sentimental, but I thought, that even before I get married, at least I shared with her a part of me and she will have this memory to keep. 

Letting go may be a little to uneasy to bear but the fun times, the silliness, the craziness of our little adventure makes up for that part of separation. No doubt, I'd do it again, with anyone of them or probably with the 5 of us all together and I'm sure, it will be E-P-I-C! 

That's a goal too, God-wiiling .. :) 

In meantime, I'm taking you through a journey of our 2-week photoshoot. Hahaha! 






                          


















   
   
   





















    

XOXO. deucexchaps | august 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment