Tuesday, June 9, 2015

AND THEN .. I AM GETTING MARRIED

ALL YOU WEDDING JUNKIES OUT THERE! RAISE YOUR HANDS!

ME! ME! ME! I! I! I! MEEEEEEE! :)


Haha. Sorry for being so hyper, its just that everything wedding-ish makes me swoooon. Same day edits, save the dates and engagement photos may be the cheesiet, mushiest, cringe-worthy things ever, but hey, I love mushy, cheesy and cringe-y, the good kind! haha!





When I was younger (haha. oo! younger talaga!), I had my moments of "gusto ko ganito, gusto ko ganyan", but truth is I never had any idea on what exactly I wanted for my future wedding. There's just too much good stuff in magazines, television and social media to immediately decide. There's something in weddings that makes anything and everything about "awwwww!".  Pardon me if I sound obsessed but I'm not (yet), let me just confess that all things wedding are my guilty pleasures! My sister and I had amateur, non-pro wedding planning, coordinating and styling experiences in my earlier bum life you know! Haha, im such a discreet junkie, i know! 

When Lt. Z proposed and we started talking about planning the wedding, I thought "Shizzle mashizzle! Piece of cake!" 

And so I thought! When we finally decided on the date and right after the church was officially booked, it then dawned on me ..

I. AM. GETTING. MARRIED! 

Whoaaaaa!!!! My hyperactive mind went berserker barrage with all the ideas, thoughts, to-do's, to-save-up for, the who's, the where's, the what's, the why's, the hows's! It's crazy and it gets even more crazier each day! I am overwhelmed by the amount of work we have to put into the planning alone! I look back at those pictures I've seen and videos I've watched, I remember how beautiful and inspiring they were and I can't help but think, "pano nila nagawa yun?!". 

But don't get me wrong because while its true that it can really be stressful, im enjoying this moment. Its surreal yet exciting. It's overwhelming because it's on my mind 24/7 and it makes my mind hyper all the time but it's kind of therapeutic because it gives me really happy thoughts. 

When I was home 3 weeks ago, we had some 1/3 of planning done and thats already a big deal I suppose! haha! This I realized after looking through our checklist and saw that there seemed to  be a million of things to do on that list! Lt. Z and I had that totally stunned look on our faces just by going through the items, hahaha! 


Nonetheless, the best part of this planning experience so far, is seeing how our families are also looking forward to the Big day. It touches me whenever my sisters talk about it and share ideas (oh, thank God for sisters!). It makes my heart melt hearing Choko, my only brother hum to the wedding march (dan-dan-da-daaan .. or however it sounds like, haha). Indeed, It makes me happy to see and feel the excitement and support from our family and friends. The positive vibes are making me more and more and more excited! And oh, our mothers? They have transformed into the cutest, funniest creatures ever .. and I just love seeing them get hyper too, they wont admit it but im starting to believe they clap their hands while jumping up an down when they are alone .. or something close to that! haha. 

And of course, of course, of course I am also so grateful for the blessing I have in the husband-to-be and at how he gets himself involved with all the planning. I dont know if he's really into it or he is just making sure I won't go overboard with the budget! (Grabe no? Ako? sosobra sa budget? akoooo? hahaha!) But well, even if he is, the way he gets kilig whenever we talk about the deets makes me even more kilig! I love seeing him gush about the wedding itself, I am amused at his ideas, no matter how crazier they may be and impressed at how he handles things. Sigh! He is like a dream guy come alive and I got really lucky hes mine! Hihi. Imagine how lastog he is but then when I show him a picture of a centerpiece peg, he has more sparkle in his eyes than I do! I even told him that I won't be surprised if I'd be bride-chillin all the way while he becomes the (semi) groom-zilla! haha! So cute that boy, I think I really want to marry him!

Whenever I get a moment alone and think about these things, I am just in awe at how unreal this feeling seems to be .. it is an unbelievable, unexplainable feeling but it is totally happening! For realssss you 40k, for reals! It's crazy how my mind shifts from one  to another about the wedding plans. I change my mind on the motiff every week, which drives Lt. Z nuts! hahaha! 

But I must admit, we are now a little too mindful about the details we choose and decide because this is now much more personal. There were a lot of initial intentions that we had to say no to because it does not fit our personalities. We came to this realization that not just because its cool, "in", "uso" and trending means that we have to conform. Some things are not just "US so Ozkar and I are being cautious about these things because we dont want a circus, nor do we want to do something, look at our pictures 25 years from now and say "what were we thinking" or "bat ba tayo nakiuso?". We want to keep things timeless, something that could be one for the (bedtime story) books for the future little Ozkars and little Gretchens. 

Now, The most visited site on my laptop is PINTEREST, the most accessed app on my phone is PINTEREST! Pinterest is my best friend. It makes me crazy yet keeps me sane, there is no stopping me from pinterest-ing! haha!

I'm just counting the months now to the big day and I still don't know what design I want for my dress or what time the ceremony will be! Gaaaah! I m still contemplating on the theme and the flowers and the food and the cake and the favors and the photographer! Truth is, I'm still not decided on most of things about the wedding details but as the wedding coordinator we consulted assured us, its normal and is not a bad thing to be undecided on these things. I am in such a dazed state sometimes that not even a self confessed closet wedding junkie like me can have a wedding planned in a snaaap!  

Though, I'm definitely sure of two things: 
1. that i want flowers in my hair. Hehe. 
2. that no matter when, where or how, i am marrying an Oscar Jr D Zaldivar. Hihi. 

Ahhh! Weddings and true love, such a mystery! It doesn't happen to everyone but when it does, it is indeed the one of life's greatest blessing. 


CHEERS 40K! Cheers to weddings, love and more wedding junkie-ing! :)

P.S. I need all the tips I can get, so if anyone of you has some wedding how to's and what not to's to share?  Spill! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment