Sunday, April 5, 2015

thatlittlegirl EATS | PAUL BOULANGERIE

Lizeth (my clinic supervisor by day and all around buddy in between and after work) and I made this pact (yes, pact talaga!) 2 years ago to explore Singapore's coffee shops / food wonderland at one shop per month. 

Annnnnnnd, we've finished 8 so far in our #kapekapehunt series. Hehe 

Looking back from since we made this pact, bakit 8 lang eh parang kain naman kami ng kain lagi? hahaha! (Which we concluded could either be because of 2 reasons: 1) super busy kami that month or 2) nagtitipid kami ... mostly the latter, I guess. hahaha ..) 



Ok. This has been kind of our sacred girl time as there is actually more to this coffeeshop hunting than just well hunting and eating, haha. It's our reflections slash realizations slash muni-muni slash chismisan time.  We even started a scrapbook and bought an Instax for note-taking and documentation purposes! You know, just in case the world will someday make use of our words of wisdom, haha! Yes, ganun ka big deal. Serious stuff being discussed in there people! haha. 

Well, this is something I should have started 8 or more posts ago, but let me apply that "better late than never" quote to this situation. Anyhooo,  as you all know, I am not critique of anything, but I'll still try to give a better impression of the food rather than "ok naman, masarap!" (kasi lahat naman sakin basta food ata ok, haha). I'll just focus on perspectives nalang, the overall experience and the life lessons and hacks we learned over a cup of coffee (or sometimes tea .. or juice .. or frappes or just water, hehe). 

So, here it is. The first of forever parts of my random ramblings from our Kape Hunting Series and  of any foodie adventure I get into, teehee! Pray that we allot enough eat-out fund each month to discover more food and places! haha. 


#1:  PAULS FRENCH BAKERY 






BONJOUR DES AMIS! 


Ahhhh, Ben Oui! cuisine française! très délicieux! je'taime  je'taime! .. Comprenez vous?


Oh! Sorry, sorry. Excusez Moi! I didn't realise too much baguette can turn you .. French-y. Hehe. 



PAUL is a family owned company that started in 1889 in Northern France. With its commitment to provide freshly baked breads daily using the very method that has been practiced over the years, it has been passed on from generation to generation who successfully introduced PAUL in 25 different countries including 2 stores here in Singapore. You can check out their site to see if you are among the lucky 25. I do know they have one opened just recently in the Philippines, hihi.
   
Ok, so yes, Burgis kick off and French food it was. And, wellll, I love breads! -- my bread mantra are #breadislife #givemethatbread #feedmebreadplease -- so if nothing could go wrong with me in any bakery then how much more in a French bakery?

PAUL, at first sight, with its black front, vintage, bold and flair interiors and the charming window display, would already give out the aura of sophistication in it. Very French. As soon as we set foot inside, Liz and I had to be prim and proper, soft-spoken and instead o LOL's, we can only do cute giggles. We even had to take pictures discreetly, BOO us! haha!

For starters, I devoured their complimentary baguettes and butter, like there was no other baguette and butter in the world, haha .. after which I had a Croque Saumon Paoireaux for my main (aka Salmon Sandwich) and Liz had a Saumon Quiche (aka salmon pastry puff), both of which was uhm .. très délicieux! masarap!!!!! (that's five exclamation points = 5 stars, hehe). 





      


                  
        


See, its #breadforever for me! I swear, I could have had more but my tummy was acting weird that night (but its NOT from what I had at Pauls, it from too much eating all day I guess .. Haha). Oh, They do have a selection of pastries, salads, and other non-bread items plus hot and cold drinks on the menu too!

The company takes pride in serving authentic french food, as honestly, I don't have much french dining experiences to compare which is which. I only tried one French restaurant before and I liked, loved and appreciated the food there. So, if PAUL is how legit French food tastes like then I'm a fan! 

Let me remind myself again why I love French food: Not because I've tried a lot of it but because it always looks pretty and sounds fancy! Never mind if I can't say the name of the dish properly, the waiter will beat me at that anyway, so i'll just point it out from the menu and go, "We'll have this (waiter says the name).. oh and this (waiter says the name effortlessly) .. hmmm, and this one too (waiter describes the dish flawlessly) .. aannnnd a Cappuccino please! (hah! I can speak Italian! hahaha! then waiter says, mmhmmm, anything else? how about a Moelleux Citron Framboise Part for dessert ma'am?" .. "Ah, maybe later .." SMARTY PANTS! haha). 

So if only for the bread selections that we had, the macarons Liz shared with me, the vanilla macaron frappe that I enjoyed and on how everything looked pretty inside-out, Paul didn't disappoint. A bit pricey, I admit, our total bill was about $60! Ya, BURGIS levels, pang soshal talaga, haha! .. but if you're up for a unique food experience once in a while, if you have no problem with breads and don't mind a little fancy in your life, i'm sure you won't mind. 









If you happen to visit a PAUL near you, let me know how your experience was! Let's exchange bread notes, ya? 

PROFITEZ BIEN à PAUL MA 42k! 

click here for: PAUL OFFICIAL SITE

and here, for: PAUL SINGAPORE

Till the next food trip! AU REVOIR! :)



****(CREDITS TO LIZETH FOR MOST OF THE PICS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment