Wednesday, April 22, 2015

thatlittlegirl EATS | &MADE BURGER

I am a burger monster .. just as I am a cake, pizza, bread, ice cream, rice, lechon etc etc etc monster, hehe .. 

However, burgers are special creations and I tend to very choosy about them. I do go for the all time fast food favourites once in a while, errr, most of the time but if I want a really really really realllllyyyyyyy good burger and if I have the chance, my pick would have to be those deliciously crafted, fresh off the grill , ones. Truth is, I'm trying to slay away from fast food burgers for pa-healthy reasons, hihi, so all the more that my burger times have become sacred. Well, they need not be gourmet, expensive or prepared by a chef as it can be as simple as bun-patty-bun but as long as it blows my mind then im solved! 

And by a really really realllllyyyyyy good burger, I meant: 



  1. FLAVOURFUL, JUICY, PERFECTLY SEASONED, QUALITY PATTY
  2. FRESHLY BAKED, LIGHTLY TOASTED BUNS
  3. The perfect balance of BUN:PATTY
  4. if required: SMOKY SMOKY SMOKY SMOKY BACON
  5. if required: CHEESIEST MELTED CHEESES OF ALL MELTED CHEESES 
  6. as required:  MIND BOGGLING SAUCE / DRESSING that will compliment the burger as a whole but won't overpower the taste of the patty. 
  7. if veggies are present: CRUNCHY LETTUCE / FRESH RIPE RED JUICY TOMATOES / WELL CARAMELIZED ONIONS / CRUNCHY PICKLES .. 
  8. if possible, if possible at all: the PERFECT SIDES AND DRINKS to pair it with 
Ok. So, I have been craving for a reallllllyyyyyy good burger for 2 months now and I stopped myself from giving in to any burger craving until my birthday. So, I announced a burger party to my friends and for over a week before the 17th, I was on an internet hunt for the best burgers in Sinagpore! I came across multiple lists and blogsites that recommended this and that. A lot of them were consistent on the list. Most of them caught my attention but the chosen one was &Made Burger at Pacific Plaza along Scotts Road where it is conveniently located for my very on time friends, haha ..  Plus from the pictures I've seen, it seemed like a stylish but casual burger joint. And since it was my 28th-wrap up and pre-29th celeb, why not do something a bit more fanceeeeeey without going to fine-dining restaurant. Coz, 29 eh. you know. big deal! haha! 

So so so. THE VERDICT ey? .. I was expecting the place to be a lot more spacious. Well, it was cozy and gladly it was not at all crowded that Thursday night. The black, red white theme and interiors made the whole feel fun, playful and casual. The staff were very friendly. No corkage for my birthday cake, hooray! I was also expecting more of a lively diner vibe  though, but it was a lovely place nonetheless. 

aaaaaand, ze BURGERS? Well, lady iron chef was right -- they weren't life changing and yes, I expect my burgers to change my views and perspectives in life, haha! It was good, yes, no doubt about it, but not really reallllllllyyyyyyy. It was anything but ordinary, however it still lacked something I can really pinpoint. Honestly I can't remember how they really taste like now. The fries, were just your ordinary neighbourhood fries, and the variations didn't help either. I loved the cheese on the fries though, but then, I love cheese in general. I had my fill of my burger craving that night, half of it I guess because I'm still on the hunt for the next best thing .. 

Nevertheless, an awesome company makes up for the "hallelujahhhhhh" that the burgers lack. Saddened by homesickness and Lt. Z-ickness (hihi), I am thankful to have been surrounded by my ultimate Singapore troops, #team5minmax! What a way to end a great 28th and kick-off another round of amazingness with my 29th ey? No fireworks. No loud parties. No surprises. No birthday extravaganza. Just pure, real, unadulterated HAPPINESS and LOVE from home, around the world and from camp! I am blessed, beyond compare. TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY BLESSED at 29 indeed! :)


   




















http://andmade.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment