Sunday, December 13, 2015

LET THE COUNTDOWN (and EMOTIONS) begin

Ozkar and I hit the mark for the six-months-to-go-wedding-countdown! Oh meeeen! Butterflies in my tummy is totally an understatement. One day I was proposed to, the next day I'm pinterest-ing non-stop then suddenly, 6 months to go? Where did time go?!


And this countdown is making me emotional. Now, my tulala moments are brought about by the following thoughts: 


1. "Shucks! Mapapalitan na ung last name ko" 
2. "San na ako mag Christmas next year?" 
3. "San na ako uuwi everytime na uuwi ako?" 
4. "Mrs .....?
5. "Wife? 














But what hit me big time about the coming of the big day was when 4 Saturdays ago, my 
"partner artist" showed me the draft of our wedding monogram, already with our names
plus the date on it. The monogram alone is a very personal project (alongside other personal projects I want to fulfil for the day! tipid-OC hits eh! haha) that I was working on with our invitation artist and seeing our visions come to life made my system go gaga over how beautiful it is. I felt a lump in my throat but I had to hold back my tears of joy because I was at that time at a company dinner function. It made me smile throughout the night, the next morning, the following days, the rest of the week and until now .. 


Planning a wedding is bittersweet! I can tell that as early as now, haha. It's a challenge that only the toughest couples will accept and surpass. If it is challenging enough for those who are physically together, then how much more for those in a long-distance saga? and how much much more if you are in an LDR and still neither one of you is right within the wedding venue? or not even close? (insert the emoji screaming in fear + dizzy face + confounded face + weary face + crying out loud face).

It's damn haaaaaaraaaard! damm hard! But insert all the smiling emoji's here because despite the distance and drama, Ozkar and I try to be as hands-on as possible with the planning. It gets crazy sometimes, or most of the time, haha, but once we get even one little thing done on our thousand and one list of to-do's, then we can get all cheesy and chummy again until the next drama comes along, hahahaha!

In my letter to him earlier this month (yes, I write him a cheesy love letter every month and send him a picture of it via whatsapp, hehe! Old school hits, modern hacks! LDR tips! mmhmmmm!), of the 150++ word composition, I  opened up about what excites me about being married. That aside from waking up next to a husband the morning after the big day (and pabebe-asking him to make breakfast because I'm your wife now, hahaha), it would be more on the adventures that are in store for us and discoveries that are bound to surface for the following days, months, years thereafter. Being in an LDR has deprived us of a lot of the usual and cliche couple activities, that in reality is something saaaaaad, but on the brighter side of things, it is also what makes it exciting because we always look forward to seeing each other and even just sitting next to each other becomes a big deal! And then again, while writing that, my emotions came rushing in because the idea of just being TOGETHER, of being able to do a lot more of our "firsts" -- makes me over-senti, (insert more blushing and teary-eyed emojis here). Naku naku! #LDRproblems nga naman. haha.

We still have a lot more things to do! It would get really busy for the next months! The stress level would get higher and the panic button will be on standby! Just thinking about all the paperworks and never ending list of to do, to buy, to prepare and yes, financial matters is more than enough to make our hyperactive minds hang. And yes, I still have things I have not decided about yet, I still change my mind every week on the details and it still drives Ozkar (and our coordinators) nuts when it happens, haha! Nonetheless, now, more than ever in this planning hoo-ha, should we should root for each other, have each others' backs, give each other a tight virtual hugs and be even more amazing together.

We are surrounded by a great support system of family and friends, I have prayed for and I believe that I have chosen the best back-up and team in the form of my wedding planner, suppliers and entourage -- and with these awesome crew, the goal is to pull off this wedding project that Lt. Z and I have dreamt of.




I'll sure get even more emotional each passing day for the months to come, my hormones, oh my hormones! hahaha. So to my family and friends, please excuse and forgive my behavioural changes and occasional melodrama. It's a new phase of my life after all but I will try my very best to keep calm, learn happily, smile through the stress and enjoy the remaining days of my semi-single life (insert emoji overload here!).


Now, can I get a cheers and a little prayer and love from y'all? (Yes, Thank YOU, I definitely need those! :)


Annnnnnnd, then! The Nikki Gil-BJ Albert wedding flooded the news feeds few weeks ago. Haaaaay! There were just too much feels in that wedding! Even the vows "There were times where I wish I'd known you earlier..." -- Haaay! My friend Nikka and I were joking atound that we'd just copy-paste her vows coz we had the same sentiments ayway. Haha. But then, as what their and our love stories are about -- it all happens, manifests, bloooms at the right time. Haaaay! There goes the lump in my throat again which I have to hold back because I am inside the bus. Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment